CC> After you get "the meaning," what do you do with it?

CC> This is a serious question that I have been asking myself off and on for
CC> nearly 50 years -- and I'm not sure there is anything you can do with
CC> it.
You get eternal bliss, and are saved from _time_. At least this is the
only thing poetry was invented for.  Eliot says "only through time
time is conquered". _That_ is his private notion. Anyway, the subject
of all of his poems is escape from time (At my back from time to time
I hear... With a dead sound on stroke of nine... London, timekept
city... the infirm glory of the positive hour... paralysed force,
gesture without motion).

A l'alta fantasia qui manco possa;
ma gia volgeva il mio disio e 'l velle,
si come rota ch'igualmente e mossa,
l'amor che move il sole e l'altre stelle.