> Adrian Szydlo wrote:
>
> Hello everyone, I am new to this list. I am high school student and I
> need help analyzing Eliot's "Sweeney Among the Nightingales."
> Specifically, I need help with theme and symbolism (including
> allusions). I am really lost with this one. If anybody can help me
> with the meaning of this poem or help point out any symbolism or
> allusions, I would be most grateful. Thank you.
>
> Sincerely,
> Adrian Szydlo

:-)

I used to tell students that if someday they found themselves at
midnight, with a thousand word literary paper due the next morning at
8:00, there was a foolproof way to have it finished by no later than
3:00 a.m.

"X" as a study in appearance and reality. It doesn't matter what you
call appearance and what you call the reality behind it -- it will work
for you as it has worked for 10,000 writers in PMLA, SP, PQ, Sewanee
Review, etc. etc. etc.

Carrol