[log in to unmask] writes:

> Of course, your husband may not agree with me, Kate (I seem to remember
> that he is French, right?), but my mother -- who speaks only Italian --
> more than once mistook Russian with French, when hearing some tapes I was
> listening to.

Well, it seems that my husband does agree with you.  When I asked him just
now, he said that the Russian language could sound most erotic.  I'll have to
question him in more detail later about how so.  He also informed me that
English is a very pretty language to the ear.  As far as 'beautiful
sounding," my husband would put them in this order:

1.  Italian;
2.  French; and
3.  Portuguese and English (a tie).