Date sent:              Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:53:34 -0500
From:                   [log in to unmask]
Subject:                Re: Poets Against the War
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> In a message dated 2/21/03 12:42:54 AM !!!First Boot!!!,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>

> And, on another note, do you think the millions who marched are
> all wrong and only Bush, et. al. right?

I have a problem with your logic here, Nancy.

Assuming one believes there is a right and wrong answer to this question,
the fact that millions of people who hold view A gathered on a particular
day, while millions of others, holding view B, did not, would not hold any
weight in determining which view is correct.

That is, the mere aggregation of people holding a given view is
irrelevant.  Moreover, even if millions more hold one view than another
(apart from the question of where and when they gather), the larger number
is not necessarily right.  Forty million Frenchmen CAN be wrong: or right,
depending upon the merits of their position, not upon their numbers.

Is that not so?

Tom K