i recall the first time reading e, and p with v and we had a blow job it was very close reading so close i could breath the cunt of come as the vowels came and spashed in my faces.

 Michelle Hadden <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Anthony Hecht has written a perceptive essay
on T.S. Eliot, published this quarter in Literary
Imagination. He describes what it was like to
read Eliot in the 30s when no commentaries were
available, and when it was simply the sound of
the language and the haunting resonance of a few
images that drew people in, and kept them reading.
I find this to be a much more poignant description
of "understanding" than any set of footnotes.