> In a message dated 2/15/03 5:20:23 PM !!!First Boot!!!, [log in to unmask]
writes:
> I saw the film upon its release many years ago, but don't remember much of
it.  Is there something about it, or her performance, that bears on the
present subject, or are you recommending it more generally?
> The movie is really amazing.  Pierre was referring to the fact that Jane
and Henry Fonda during this movie stopped acting and became themselves.
TK>I did not know that.  Come to think of it, I'm not quite sure I know what
it means.  Are we talking about improvised chit-chat interspersed among the
dialog, or about chucking the script and saying whatever comes to mind?
What did the screenwriter, director and producer think.  (OK, so no-one
would have cared what the screenwriter thought.)
Whether they were acting or not, they did a really lively
job of the father/daughter mourning becomes Electra lightning
storm. The Fondas vent with great style, grit and determination.
I thought the movie itself was a typical piece of Hollywood
sentimental crap, but the venting scenes were worth the admission.

Cheers,
P.

Dr. Peter C. Montgomery
Dept. of English