From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 2/9/03 9:32 AM
Subject: Re: Hofgarten and the hyacinth garden

Peter Montgomery wrote (2/9/03)

> . . .I doubt that there is a biographical
> subtext worthy of any attention.

  Probably the biggest Eliot controversy on the list is whether or not
biography should be introduced into the analysis of TSE's poems.

  I'd like you to consider two essays from a junior professor named John
Peter, written in 1952 and 1969. Due to their size, I'm sending them to
you
(off list) as three separate emails. If anyone else wants a copy, let me
know
via off-list email.

  See what you think.

-- Steve --