I haven't read all the responses (kind of busy right now) but I would suggest reading all of the 'Sweeney' poems, as well as the fragments of TSE's unfinished play "Sweeney Agonistes."  A lot of Eliot's subtleties are clearer when you similarities in his various works.  If someone has already said this, sorry for the repetition.  Robert
-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Szydlo [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2003 4:47 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Needing assistance with "Sweeney Among the Nightingales"

Hello everyone, I am new to this list. I am high school student and I need help analyzing Eliot's "Sweeney Among the Nightingales." Specifically, I need help with theme and symbolism (including allusions). I am really lost with this one. If anybody can help me with the meaning of this poem or help point out any symbolism or allusions, I would be most grateful. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Adrian Szydlo