Sunday afternoon along the MO river between Parkville and Waldron, I got good looks at 2 male Harris's sparrows in some tall bushes/brush along the roadside. It was cold and the family was waiting in the car so no time to scout things out further. Haven't seen any Harris's since several visited my feeders 2-3 years ago.

Close to Leavenworth saw 2 different flocks of turkeys feeding in open fields near trees. (One group of 12, the other much larger)

Saw bunches of cardinals, juncos, and red-tails as well as two kestrels. At the MO River at Parkville saw a juvenile Bald Eagle soaring above the river and trees.

Laura Gilchrist
Platte County