To add to the list below (sightings off and on from about 2 PM to 5 PM)
91 EAGLES at Dam and lock (many more than that, I'm sure. They were really
stirring up the gulls)
4 TUNDRA SWANS in group of 46+ swans - by visitor's office
6 AW PELICANS - same as above
PEREGRINE FALCON - one at Dam (IL bird) and one at Causeway at Lincoln
Shields (MO bird; all same bird?)
3 GREATER SCAUP - by bridge

MISSED the LBB GULLS - !#$%^?
Had a 1w thayer's candidate, but not committing

Conditions of Miss River (for Friday, could change on Sat)
- Clifton Terrace: - River mostly frozen with only a few birds here and
there.
May have been open water along MO shoreline (downstream of UE plant) - Maybe
access from Dresser Island off of Hwy 94?? (if you are up for a long and
adventuresome hike)

- REDA: few open spots of water- by bridge, Ellis Bay (EB) between islands,
EB near office, EB closer to Dam, open water downstream from MP Dam - but
not many birds there
LOT fewer gulls (but more than the numbers reported below) and waterfowl
today.

- Chain of Rocks (IL)
LOTS of gulls there, but didn't see anything markedly different. Maybe
someone would have better luck/eyesight.  Birding mojo was greatly off
today. I'm depressed.  :-p

Tried chumming gulls with bread ala Jon Dunn and the Gull tapes, birds just
looked at me with great indifference. Need a bread catapult to get the bread
out far enough (or either learn to imitate garbage trucks) Now have a trunk
full of Aldi bread. Guess I better find some bread pudding adn casserole
recipes.

Hope others have better luck this weekend.
Bring radios tuned to 11/22.
Will probably have cell phone too.

Nitie nite.

Charlene Malone