I just had to chime in on this. Can people have
forgotten that this is the same Kit Bond who made
headlines several years ago by filing a lawsuit
against his money manager because his inheritance had
disappeared, only to have his money manager calmly
produce records showing that Bond had blown all of it?
It appears unlikely that education would be of any
benefit to Senator Bond. And please don't think I'm
being smug. Bond's a statesman and a genius compared
to our recent IL Gov. George Ryan, who emptied death
row in the hope that it would make people remember him
for something other than political corruption. And to
add a birdy note, I heard a song sparrow singing as I
was walking home with my paper this morning, and one
week ago I was walking along the edge of some woods in
Frank Holten State Park when a Cooper's Hawk came
blasting out of the woods 20 yards in front of me,
landed in a tree off to my left and waited for me to
get my binoculars on him, flushed a blackbird out of
the tree and nabbed it in midair, and swooped back
into the woods about 4 feet off the ground and 10
yards behind me. I felt as though it had been a
performance staged just for my enjoyment.

Richard Call
Swansea, IL (St. Clair County)

http://mailplus.yahoo.com