Riverlands EDA, St. Charles co.
MISSOURI BIRDS - just downstream from the Clark Bridge
GLAUCOUS GULL - 1w or 2w (couldn't see bill tip) VERY pale bird so would
assume it was a 1w
(actually saw bird in MO AND IL - eagle chased it over to IL side)
LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL - adult. MO bird
1w THAYER'S - MO bird
Tons of waterfowl, same species reported in recent days

ILLINOIS BIRDS
1w THAYER'S - on wall of Dam

Saw these birds right after I talked to you Torrey, SORRY!!  I need your
cell phone number.
Got cloudy this PM so it made viewing much easier, BUT the heat distortion
was making it difficult to view birds at long distances.

BTW,
Horseshoe Lake (Madison co, IL) is beginning to thaw, with some open spots
near the end of Layton (hot water exchange from steel plant) and at the Duck
Impoundment. Typical species seen.
Borrow pit still frozen. NO gulls at landfill or borrow pits. Lots of crows
though.

Good birding,
Charlene Malone
Chesterfield, MO