Burroughs Audubon is sponsoring a field trip to Powell Gardens on Saturday January 18th.  We will meet at 8:00 AM at McDonalds on the NE corner of 50 Highway and Todd George Road  in Lee's Summit, Missouri.

Contact Don Arney 816-931-8536 or [log in to unmask] for information.

Potential Species:  Owls, nuthatches, kinglets, Winter Wren, winter sparrows, finches and Pine Siskin.  Powell Gardens has been the unusual winter home to  species like Baltimore Oriole.

Powell Gardens has a new 3 mile nature trail through a variety of habitats.  Horticulturist, and birder,  Alan Branhagen designed the trail.  He has invited us at no charge to join him in this winter bird walk.  We can also enjoy the warmth of the visitors center, its cafe and gift shop. We will spend the morning at Powell Gardens and, if some people are interested, we can check the waterfowl on Lake Jacomo in the afternoon.

Everyone is welcome

Don Arney