Did NOT locate the Snowy today.   The area where I saw him last is a lot rougher terrain but so  It is probably just down over a hill a bit--anyway I checked in mid-aft. Clear to Greensburg (town just north of Baring).  Will try again tomorrow.  We still have a lot of snow cover here plus the temperature is really a bit chilly.  More like our usual North MO weather.  Just 10 miles south there is No snow.

Thanks to all for writing to me and Mo-birds about Red-tailed hawks.  We have seen the hawks perched on each fence-post in south Mo. Really awesome.  The partial albino that Jean wrote about seems to apply to the bird I saw. I do like to take the easiest way out-If one could count all those red-tailed as separate birds we all might work harder at identifying them .  Think I will do that this year.  Have a sub-list. Heaven forbid this hobby turn into an Education!  Thanks again.

Anne Downing
Knox County
snow-cover and heading for zero