I bought a "squirrel proof" feeder this year because I saw it advertised in a bird-related magazine as being "squirrel proof."
Of course my neigborhood squirrels accepted the challenge and immediately solved it by hanging from the top of the feeder with their back legs, hanging upside down, and scraping one sunflower seed at a time into chewing range.
I took several pictures of this phenomenum and mailed them to the manufacturer asking for his interpretation of "squirrel proof."
My very polite answer said that "squirrel proof" didn't mean the squirrels couldn't feed from it--only that they couldn't destroy it.