Today at 1:30 PM the owl was again on a utility pole.  Makes for much easier viewing.  It was north of the junctions hiways 15, 11 and K on the east side of 15.  About 1 1/2 mile past the junction--the 18th utility pole from the junction.  The snow tonite might create a different  pattern for it. Today as I passed by, it actually looked at me and yawned .  Well!  I know it recognizes my car. And now I believe it is just too utterly bored with this whole business. At any rate I was glad to see that it had moved a bit farther from the pen where the cocks are tethered to the ground.  He probably thinks all those black and colored feathers are not too tasty. Let us hope.

Anne Downing
Knox County