A new manager at Bradford Farm has instituted new management practices,
making the place resemble a finely kept Iowa farm (frequent mowing,
removal of fencerow vegetation, burning of brush).  Habitat for
Short-eared Owls and other species has been dramatically reduced and
Bradford is no longer a reliable place to see the owls or several other
species, but the boys get to play with their machines more, now.

Yes, several birders go to Overton Bottoms, especially in search of
sparrows.  Columbia Audubon sometimes schedules trips there (had one in
October for sparrows).

Come join us for a trip.

We will have a Northern Saw-whet Owl search on a field trip in the near
future (details to be announced soon on Mobirds).

Also, for February 8, 9:30 a.m., meeting at Devil's Ice Box parking lot,
Rock Bridge Memorial State Park (on Hwy. 163), Jean Leonatti will lead a
Winter Woodland Walk (good chance for Winter Wren).

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO