Greetings,
        I have a couple of quick questions regarding Columbia area birding. Thanks
for your help in advance.
        Does anybody know of anyplace near Columbia where one may be able to find
Short-eared Owls regularly? I believe that I remember reading back in 2001
about someplace nearby that they were being seen regularly.
        In addition, has anybody spent much time birding the USFWS lands near
Overton, I believe it is called the Big Muddy Refuge.  It seems like there
is a large amount of land, and I was curious if anybody has birded much
there?
Again, thanks for all your help.

Brent Thoma
Columbia, MO