Friend of mine (wildlife biologist turned school administrator) picked
apart several pellets we retrieved from North Sever Owl area in Knox
County. He provides this statement:

Picked two pellets apart. Nothing but Blarina Brivicausa (short-tailed
shrew) yet. Although I think the one had a small meadow vole (mouse).
Point being, raptors feed to a very, very high level on shrews and field
level mice.

Pictures of the pellets and their contents may be found at this
location:

http://patrickdharrison.com/Birding/pellets.htm

Information on the shrew can be found at this location...

<http://www.discoverlife.org/nh/tx/Vertebrata/Mammalia/Soricidae/Blarina
/brevicauda/>
http://www.discoverlife.org/nh/tx/Vertebrata/Mammalia/Soricidae/Blarina/
brevicauda/