Took a quick run to Smithville Lake in Clay County this afternoon. The area
north of the Hwy. W bridge where all of the Snow Geese have been staying is
frozen over and the large flock was at the dam this afternoon.  I managed to
find 5 Ross's amidst the 1000's of Snow Geese but I am sure there were more.

There was 1 American Black Duck staying with a raft of Mallards on the North
side of the dam. Many Hooded Mergansers and Common Goldeneye. I tried to turn
one into a Barrow's without any luck.

Good Birding,

Kyle Driggers
Liberty, Mo.