Gladly, Patrick.

South Farms is the complex of University research farms along New Haven
Road and the next road south (Roosevelt?) on the east side of US 63 (AC
exit).  These are announced to the traveler from the west with a sign
with the 6 university columns.  They include horse, sheep, hogs, beef.
The horse farm is the first one on the right (south) after the chainlink
fenced former fish research center--square ponds.  It and the sheep and
beef farms to the south are the ones we cruise for Brewer's Blackbird,
Great-tailed Grackle, etc.

Bradford Farm is the research farm (now plants only) at the east end of
New Haven Rd.  We used to go there for Short-eared Owl; still has (on
occasion) interesting birds.  It is a good spot for Lapland Longspur
(and the occasional Smith's).

Bradford Farm is described on pp. 22/23 in A Guide to Birding in
Missouri; South Farms is not.

I think today should go a long way toward rectifying a severe karma
deficit.  3 moving trains and no owl.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO