-----Original Message-----
From: MO Wild Bird Forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Charlene and
Jim Malone
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2003 8:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: REDA LTDuck - NOT

NO you were OK at Portage Des Sioux. Think it use to be a
private marina,
but the no trespassing signs must have gone down since there
is a
bar(grill?) in the complex.
Our Lady of the Rivers monument is near the entrance,
correct?

The one that is gated, is the Harbor Point Marina just
outside of West Alton
were one turns off of Hwy 94 to go to the West Alton Boat
Ramp access to the
back side of Lincoln Shields.
They had to gate it because of all the "riff-raff" that came
in from
partying at the West  Alton boatramp.

Sorry you guys missed the bird. The icing of the River
really shifted the
birds around.
It was a real doooooozy at REDA today between the high
winds, snow and cold.
Tough to find much of anything.
I bet I had a bunch of birders cursing me for making them
get out in this
weather.
My ears were burning this AM. ;-)

Maybe tomorrow with be better.

Charlene Malone
Chesterfield, MO

BTW, LOTS of EAGLES in the trees around REDA. More than a
few trees had
multiple birds in them. They put on a good display at the
Dam too.