-----Original Message-----
From: MO Wild Bird Forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Patrick
Harrison
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2003 5:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Skidmore Northern Shrike

Egads...

In our unsuccessful bid to locate the Northern Shrike
several weeks ago,
we noted the "locals" didn't seem too happy with our
stopping on the
road either...

It is interesting how different areas of the state have
different
opinions of "interlopers..."

By contrast, the locals in Northeast Missouri have actually
opened their
gates to allow traffic ONTO their pastures to provide a
better view of
the Snowy Owl.

Jean mentioned that a small article / add saying thank you
to the local
in the local newspapers would be a good idea...

I am pursuing this. Something along the lines of, "Birders
from Missouri
and surrounding states would like to say Thank You to the
local
landowners who have opened their heart, minds and gates to
the birders
seeking the Snowy Owl."

Input on the wording would be appreciated!

Patrick