Although Snowy Owl would be more fun, another possibility to entertain would
be a gray-phased Great-horned Owl. My folks have a pair of resident
Great-horned Owls, one of which is a pale gray--very nearly white--exactly
like the Adult West Taiga phase pictured in Sibley. That could look very much
like a Snowy, I would think, especially in flight with dim light and at 70
miles per hour.

Never the less, I just might have to drive on over that way to check for a
Snowy...

Kristi Mayo
Kearney, MO (Clay Co.)