This morning at about 7am - just barely light - I was on the way to St.
Joseph from KC - saw a large very whitish owl with a rounded head (couldn't
tell if it had tufted ears) but with some brown barring across the breast.

I couldn't get out of rather heavy traffic for that time of morning but it
flew over the freeway just in front of me at about 15 feet.  It was right
near the entrance to KCI.

John Hansen
St. Joseph