NO it is far from legal to shoot a humming bird in MO.. The only legal bird
to shoot other then game birds is the European Starling because its
considered a pest species. The rock dove is also considered a domestic
species and is fare game if the land owner says ok. It is narrow minded
people like that, that give true hunters a bad rap. You should find info on
this guy and tell your local conservation department about his activities.
It is probably to late for them to do any thing about this time, but at
least they will know and hopefully watch the guy. For what good it may do,
they next time your in the shop, maybe talk to the barber about bird behaver
and he may pass it on to his friend, but i doubt it.
Brandon
St Joseph