Riverlands EDA, St. Charles co.
one adult LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL - still there, near dam. No other dark
mantled or pale gulls seen (?!). Hampered viewing due to sunshine &
distance. More adult Herring gulls seen though.
52 swans (when I viewed them just before they got chased away by all the
people going in the "closed to public" area behind Visitor's Center) - at
least 3 TUNDRAS
one TRUMPETER SWAN with a red collar (first one ever I have noted at REDA).
**Anyone know the origin of these red collared birds? (where were they
banded)

For St. Louis area birders:
If you don't care about state lines and looking for LOTS of gulls and large
numbers of waterfowl, look at Chain of Rocks (gulls mostly) and just
upstream from REDA off of Hwy 100 around Clifton Terrace area (gulls and
ducks). I didn't find anything unusual but that doesn't mean there isn't
something good there.

Alberta Clipper coming through, so hopefully some of the big gulls will be
driven down here.
Crossing fingers it doesn't drive the birds pass us. (saw msgs on other
northern listserves of "where are the gulls" nature)

Good winter birding,
Charlene Malone
Chesterfield, MO