Saturday (Jan. 17th) I saw 1 lonely female Purple finch at the feeder.  The
only one I've seen since a couple appeared in Oct.   The really big
sighting was the flock of Common turkeys right outside the back door - I
counted 39, but there seemed to be more in the woods further away.  I'd put
corn out for the multitude of squirrels & the birds found it instead.   The
Turkeys scratched away the snow - really made the leaves fly and after they
left, all the little birds (Juncos, Goldfinches, Fox sparrows) appeared out
of the trees, there must have been 100, and combed the leaves
thoroughly.   Guess the scratching the turkeys do is great for the birds
who's legs aren't as strong.

                                                 Ann, in North Phelps County