Just got home and I see no one else posted this, so......

I found a LONG-TAILED DUCK (formerly Oldsquaw) just upstream from the Clark
Bridge at Riverlands EDA (the SMEW/Barrow's Goldeneye spot). It was
relatively close to the road and hanging out with the goldeneye. I am going
out on a limb and calling it a male, first winter...
I have to look some more in the books. I'm SURE if it is wrong, someone will
make sure to correct me.
There are good numbers of waterfowl in the River at the Clark Bridge and
farther upstream, near Harbor Point @ Lincoln Shields (WAY the heck out in
the River) and at the end of Ellis Island.
Ellis Bay is almost completely frozen over, with some pockets open here and
there and toward the Dam.

Tried to look over the gulls well, but did not have enough time. Did find a
THAYER'S, 1w gull (anyway that is what I am calling it for now) near the Dam
in Ellis Bay (MO bird). Did NOT find the adult LBBG, but bet there are other
good gulls to be found.
IL side of Dam closed BEFORE 5 PM, so didn't get a look at the gulls on that
side.
BEWARE gov'ts clocks run faster than civilians.

Hmmmmm...... so I find a semi- zootie in mid January at REDA/Clark
Bridge....... so does this mean some KC birder will come here this weekend
and find an even better zootie?
It may be deja vu all over again. ;-)

BTW, it's colder than #!?*&!*$ at REDA (particularly under the Bridge) so
dress WARMLY.

Good weekend birding,
Charlene Malone
Chesterfield, MO