Mt Washington Cem is a place where my great grandmother and parents are buried. It is a wonderful birding spot not just in the spring. Early in the 1960's my brother Jim Rising published an article about Townsend's solitaire and Pine Grosbeak. The Pine Grosbeak was one of 3 I found there.
I am surprised that there should be any ethical question about birding in a cemetery. My wife is a genealogist and we certainly frequent cemeteries on that account also. If you are doing something that is not disrespectful I can't see how cemeteries aren't a wonderful place to spend some time. As a matter of fact the more honorably intentioned visitors the cemetery has the less likelyhood there will be undesirable visitors. You are certainly welcome at Mt. Washington as far as I am concerned. Perhaps you know that in the state of MO property owners are legally required to give you access to cemeteries on their property though I wouldn't push it too hard in areas where meth labs. are likely.
Dean