From: "Bob Lewis" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 11:17 AM
Subject: Otter Slough

I had an interesting afternoon at Otter Slough today (Stoddard County)--only
37 species but oh that 60,000 Snow Geese!    14 species of waterfowl and a
Great Egret in a pear tree (!)  Bald Eagles having their way by stirring up
the Snows.  Besides Snow I had Ross' and Greater White-fronted.  Would you
believe--no Canada Geese crossed my path.  Most common duck was Northern
Pintail--and I thought they were supposed to be scarce.
Lots of American Kestrels.  Common Loon and Horned Grebe at Wappapello.
Couldn't find Pine Warbler or Red-breasted Nuthatch that were there in CBC.
Looks like the weather will be going down hill again.    Good