From: "Anne Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 4:46
Subject: Snowy status Knox County MO

Snowy was on territory this aft. at 4PM, behind the grain bins that I have
referred to as ATM grain bins. Alas, they are the ADM (Archer Daniel
Midland) bins but they are a cash cow for Knox County farmers so maybe I was
not too far wrong.

At Riverlands yesterday I counted 33 swan. Some had neck bands but many did
not.  Could not get close enough to id every of them but am sure both Tundra
and Trumpeter were there.  Does anyone know  anything about their origins?
I know Iowa has had a very successful program to reintroduce the Trumpeter
in Iowa and the Tundra are even hunted in some states.  Was amazed at the
number.at Riverlands.  They are located in a restricted area but evidently
fly to fields off Orton road  to feed.

Will post on the Snowy in a few days.  Surely everyone has seen it.

Anne Downing
Knox County, Mo