I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH NOR DO I RECEIVE COMPENSATION FROM
AVISYS.

1. Thanks to the many who have weighed in with their opinions and
suggestions regarding AviSys and Birder's Diary.

2. I have entered 1800+ sightings in 5 hours using AviSys.

3. The same in BD would have taken 4-6 times as long.

4. The reports and lists that can be created are really concise, clean
and easily configurable.

5. Palm Support is pretty good. I have made a COMAL2003 Checklist and
have it on my Palm. It will NOT be used to HotSync to my AviSys files,
but the checklist itself and the movement from AviSys to the Palm was
done via AviSys.

6. I have a "Missouri" list on my Palm and add my trip sightings to it.
When I get back from a trip, I can HotSync and all my sightings are sent
into the main AviSys file. (YES folks, that means I don't have to
re-enter each of my sightings into the file!!!)

7. The PRINTED manual is very instructive. One gets NO manual with
Birder's Diary.

8. To illustrate the ease of generating a list, I can obtain my 2002
COMAL list in just 8 clicks of the mouse in AviSys as compared to 21
clicks of the mouse in Birder's Diary.

I have only had the application for 4 days. I think it is far superior
in most ways to Birder's Diary.

It's a slick application that is designed for LISTING...

Just a quick review by a novice user that is soon going to have to take
off a couple days of work to start racking up COMAL 2003 birds...

Patrick
Patrick Harrison                     *
Shelbyville, Shelby County, Missouri *
http://www.patrickdharrison.com      *