Are reservations required? Is this a good thing for my kids or is this
more adult oriented?

I take my kids out in the woods and we end up looking for birds and
trying id them, but I would like to find a program about birding for
them. Any suggestions?

On another note...

Two weeks ago we put a new feeder by our house. It took a week before
the birds, mostly sparrows, chickadees and cardinals found it. Last
Sunday at 11 am I was looking at the feeder when all of a sudden the
birds just disappeared and 5 seconds later this magnificent large hawk
swooped up and landed about 5 feet from the feeder on my deck rail. I
was about 8 feet from this bird, and very thankful right then for
whoever discovered that melting sand makes glass! I would not have
wanted to be right beside this animal as he (or she) was obviously
hungry and looking for a snack of fresh little bird! It was amazing to
be so close and see the twitching of the head as it scanned for what was
available, the detail in the feathers, and especially the powerful
talons. I've never been so close to a Coopers Hawk and before I knew it,
it was flying away with a powerful leap into the air. This is the third
time I've seen this bird in the last two months.

Thanks -

James