John Cowan writes:

Has anyone had a problem with people thinking that birding in a cemetery is disrespectful? I don't think it's disrespectful, but I don't want to bump into a grieving family member who might decide that one of the steps in his grief process should include confronting me or reporting me to the police.

I've yet to have a problem, but I don't walk on graves. I haven't run into grieving family members -- probably because I have usually gone to cemeteries when no one else was there. But if I did see someone visiting a grave, I'd give him a wide berth and make sure to respect his need for privacy.

Bob Fisher
Independence, Missouri