From: Charlene and Jim Malone [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2003 2:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: St. Louis Audubon Walk - 1/12/03

This morning more than 30 warmly dressed individuals went out on St. Louis
Audubon's birdwalk to Forest 44 and nearby sites. With the helpful direction
of David Rabenau we were able to find a Winter Wren, several Rusty
Blackbirds, a couple of Brewer's Blackbirds, Wild Turkeys, Sharp-shinned
Hawk, Golden-crowned Kinglet, and a Hermit Thrush. We also found a small
group of what looked to be some of our native Missouri orchids while looking
at a salamander pool. But most importantly, nobody died and nobody got hurt.

Jim Malone
Chesterfield
St. Louis County