> "Le Prince d'Aquitaine ŗ la tour abolie" (from
> Nerval's sonnet "El Desdichado"), lodged amid a multilingual mosaic of
>  fragments ...

> I  would either translate it as:  The Prince of Aquitaine has lost his tower.I might also translate it as:
> The Prince of Aquitaine has lost his power.

'La Tour Abolie' is also the name of a Tarot card. I think the English equivalent is the 'ruined tower' or 'lightning-struck tower'. If one translates the phrase by a sentence where the Prince loses his tower, the Tarot reference gets lost. And since Nerval was a keen esotericist, I think it had better be preserved.

Yours,

RaphaŽl