In a message dated 1/15/03 1:58:45 AM !!!First Boot!!!, [log in to unmask] writes:

  My initial point of entry into Nerval - and in this I think I'm fairly
  representative of most English-speaking readers of modern poetry - was
  the close of Eliot's Waste Land. It was there that I first encountered
  the mysterious line "Le Prince d'Aquitaine la tour abolie" (from
  Nerval's sonnet "El Desdichado"), lodged amid a multilingual mosaic of
  fragments ...

I  would either translate it as:  The Prince of Aquitaine has lost his tower.  I might also translate it as:  The Prince of Aquitaine has lost his power.  It may mean both.