In a message dated 1/3/2003 8:06:20 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

Gunnar amazed me while visiting here with all that he has memorized
> and that was just a small part of what was in his head.  He knows the
> words AND the music too!  His recitations were memerizing.  His accent
> helped I think.  To my badly trained ears it seemed more like one of a
> native speaker from some far-flung part of the old Empire than of a
> European.
>

> Regards,
>    Rick Parker

I noticed the same thing, and was impressed also with his ability to choose portions to cite that are relevant to what is being discussed.  (Showing more than memorization and performance skills, but an active intelligence behind them.  No suprise there, of course.)

Tom K