I've got a little book on Pound around here someplace, published about
40 years ago, which contains a marvellous coinage by the author (can't
remember his name -- a British critic). It seems when he was a child he
and his sister would go to the movies each saturday afternoon. When the
movie was so bad that one was embarassed for the actors even, his sister
would began to suck on the tips of her gloves. They came to call such
films, "glove-sucky." (The writer was applying this term to Pound's "The
Goodly Frere.") Well someone talking about their high IQ in public is
glove-sucky. :-)

Carrol