Peter Montgomery wrote:

> STEM is a great word. It is one of a select group
> called contranyms.
>
> http://ccins.camosun.bc.ca/~peterm/venus/contranyms.html

Here are some contranyms (or phrases) that I've just assembled from
websites.  There may be a few errors in the list and maybe some hidden
redundencies.  Possibly a few archaic or slang meanings (e.g., "bad").
A fair number are different in the British versus American (or
Australian) meanings.  Some are pretty strange and maybe I'd get rid
of them if I'd bothered to check them out carefully.

The two contradictory meanings have been left out to drive you all
nuts.

aboard
against
alight