[log in to unmask] wrote:

>   God and the devil appeared simultaneously, per Saha.

Not quite what Saha wrote.  This is your idea based on thoughts of Saha.
I read that Saha said that Eliot may have wanted us to hold the thoughts
of hell and heaven simultaneously.  I think that you should take the credit
for "God and the devil appeared simultaneously."

Saha:

Paradiso ends with the famous last line "l'Amor che move il sole e l'altre
stelle" [the love that moves the sun and the other stars]. In the overall
scheme of The Divine Comedy, the vision at the end of Inferno, representing
the ultimate failure of love as personfied by Lucifer, and the vision at the
end of Paradiso, focusing on the redemptive power of love, jointly indicate
the polarities of love, and its transcendent potential.

By conflating Dante's concluding visions in the opening section of his own
poem, Eliot may be suggesting that the hallmark of the modern waste land is
indeed the paralysis of love. ...

I've put up Saha at http://world.std.com/~raparker/temp/saha.html

Regards,
    Rick Parker