In a message dated 1/16/03 2:49:23 AM !!!First Boot!!!, [log in to unmask] writes:

They probably read Steele's report on what a boondoggle the towers were,
and got the idea that they were doing everyone a favour by knocking them
down.

They did no one a favor, Peter.  What they did was:  Kill 3000 people and destroy the lives of all the 3000 people's families; place the world in the most unstable place it's been in since World War II.  In reality, nothing is back to normal. The aftermath of it that lives in the hearts of Americans gives George W. or whoever the power to attack Iraq or England or whoever.  If what they really wanted was SUV's and cool technology and clothes, and nice offices for their people to work in, then they could have gone about it differently; if what they really wanted was for some Arab people living in Israel to have their own stretch of land, they could have gone about it differently. But since it appears that there exists certain insane persons who want everyone to live according to their beliefs and who really want to destroy the world on principle, I say to George W.: Take them out.  And hey, Mr. Cox, if you believe that the Israelis could be a little nicer to the Palestinians, perhaps, but I say that the Palestinians could be a lot nicer to the Israelis, and since the Israelis have more nuclear weapons than even Britain does and will not go down, and since we certainly will not, I say let's try being nice.

Regards,

Kate