Marcia,
    No problem on the sequence of the posts; it's good to know
someone agrees with my own attempts, or at least has a similar
view and method. It's also nice to see another take on that
tricky fourth line! Again, I don't hear it the way I scanned it,
but I don't quite elide a syllable in "intolerable" when I speak
it, though I know I've heard many people pronounce it as a four
syllable word. Your own scan of four seems closer than mine,
but I'm a bit uncomfortable with "shirt" receiving no stress.
What do you think of this as a possibility:
The intol     era       ble shirt      of flame
It does technically depart from the meter, or change its identity
as you put it in a previous post,  and it offers two less frequently
used feet in English--a pyrrhic followed by a spondee--and one
after the other seems very rare indeed, but no possibility seems
absolute to me at this point, so I'm experimenting.