In a message dated 1/9/03 3:07:10 AM !!!First Boot!!!, [log in to unmask] writes:

It is the death knell of traditional, coherent prose,
as Joyce so amply and magnificently displayed --
and (who's afraid of) Virginia Woolf didn't do a bad job
either.

Are you attempting to define modernisn or just trying to reaffirm the fact that living in too cold a climate for most the year does indeed play havoc with the brain cells.  It's really amazing to me, how our Canadian snowbirds, once a few weeks have passed, begin to make sense again.