What program, Peter? This is all pretty vague stuff in your post. While you
were off the list (in fact, I think you were a key in kicking off the
discussion just before you left), Eliot and anti-semitism  was pretty
thoroughly hashed over, and just for the record there are (or were) a
significant number of listers who thought Eliot not to be anti-semitic or
racist, me among them. Too bad the list archives are unavailable. At any
rate, though I don't wish to recreate that discussion, I don't accept your
premises. The poetry, even Burbank and Gerontion especially, points to a
different orientation. Interesting that this pops up on the day of
celebration in the US of Martin Luther King.

Ken Armstrong