I've just been watching a program on the development of US power,
and there is a lot being made of Europeans and esp. Anglo-Saxons
being considered the superior races, on the basis of Darwin. Many
key people in the US admin. opposed open immigration on that basis.
In particular, the concept was taught at Harvard.

Could this A/S superiority complex be the flip side of
the anti-semitism of the time, Eliot being a typical buyer
of such cant.

[Plese note: I have no desire or intention here of trying to
     excuse Eliot's racism. I want only to understand the situation.
     I do, however, as I have indicated before, fully expect the clowns
     who enjoy plaguing us, to use racism for shock purposes.]