Nancy,

This same group came to my hometown(Wakefield, MA) for a "meeting".  The
meeting was held in our magnificent library.  The trustees of the library
decided that they could not prevent this neo-nazi group from meeting after
consulting their lawyers.  Similar to the recent events in Maine there was a
counter demonstration in Wakefield at the same time as the neo-nazi meeting.
  I attended the counter demonstration held at a church not far from the
library.  The theme was about love and tolerance.  A large crowd attended.
However, I questioned whether this was a proper response.  I decided that I
should in some way show my outrage at what was happening in my town.  I
walked to the library and to my amazement it was like walking on to a movie
set.  Main Street was closed, thousands of people were in the streets,
hundreds of riot police in full battle gear surrounded the library.  Only
about a dozen people attended the meeting in contrast to the thousands of
people outside protesting.  Somehow I felt that standing outside the library
in protest was the proper response.  The protest was peaceful except for one
incident of a protester hitting a member of the nazi group over the head
with a sign causing a concussion.

Bob Summers