From: Kate Troy [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 7:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Screw grammar.

[log in to unmask] writes:

It is the death knell of traditional, coherent prose,
as Joyce so amply and magnificently displayed --
and (who's afraid of) Virginia Woolf didn't do a bad job
either.

Are you attempting to define modernisn or just trying to reaffirm the fact
that living in too cold a climate for most the year does indeed play havoc
with the brain cells.  It's really amazing to me, how our Canadian
snowbirds, once a few weeks have passed, begin to make sense again.