From: Rickard A. Parker [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 6:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Screw grammar.

> I sabotage the sentence! With me is the naked word.
> I spike the verb  all parts of speech are pushed over on their backs.
> I am the master of all that is half-uttered and imperfectly heard.
> Return with me where I am crying out with the gorilla and the bird.
>
> from "One Way Song" by Percy Wyndham Lewis.

Eliot sabotages sentences too:

          At the violet hour, when the eyes and back
          Turn upward from the desk, when the human engine waits
          Like a taxi throbbing waiting,
          I Tiresias, though blind, throbbing between two lives,
          Old man with wrinkled female breasts, can see
          At the violet hour, the evening hour that strives
          Homeward, and brings the sailor home from sea,
          The typist home at teatime, clears her breakfast, lights
          Her stove, and lays out food in tins.

Regards,
    Rick Parker